Friday, March 28, 2014

Springgg Breakkkkk.

I know I may be late on writing this blog, but over spring break I was able to achieve one of my outside of class activities. I went down to Virginia beach, and attended something sort of like Shamrock the block here in RVA. It started with a parade, and people were everywhere
in the streets. And they were also drunk, there were vendors everywhere selling beer, some vendors even had a special "green beer". It was very interesting, and I also got some good laughs in at people. When people are drunk it can be very entertaining. Anyways back to the parade, it went on for about an hour and a half, because the drunks were out in the road, in the way of the parade. So then the police had to come and remove them. Everyone was decked out in green, for St. Patrick's Day. The parade was in downtown OceanView, there was also plenty of restaurants around so that the drunk people could go and eat food to soak up the alcohol. After the parade, my family went and enjoyed a pizza at a friend's restaurant; there they also had a special "green beer". It was a fun filled weekend, anytime down at the beach is a fun time. It's very relaxing to just be down there enjoying the breeze, the sand between my toes, and enjoying the salt filled air. Also while at the parade there were people that brought their little children, and my opinion of that is why???? If you know that you are going to drink, and have your little child with you; why not just get a babysitter? Because most likely you are not going to be fully responsible, because you are obviously under the influence of alcohol. It just doesn't make sense to me, in my psychology class we discussed that people should have to take a test on parenting. Part of me agrees and part of me doesn't everyone is entitled to be a parent, but you at least need to be responsible. And don't bring your child to a party where they could get lost in all the people, 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a crazy time! However it does sound like you thoroughly enjoyed yourself which is a good thing. I have never heard of that green colored beer and I would love to see it. I agree with you though on that whole bringing the kids with them. That completely shocked me and I could not believe someone would do such a thing.

    ReplyDelete